Tuesday 6 September 2016

Bollox day

Feeling crap.  Took daughter to Portsmouth on Saturday flat hunting.  I knew it would make me ill but tbh it was a case of doing it to save all of our sanity!  Less said about it all the better, suffice to say daughter is off to uni and decided with 5 weeks to go that she didn't want to live in halls, her and boyfriend were moving in together.  One bed flats are like gold dust and disappear the minute the details reach the letting agent.  When you live over 140 miles away and can only view on Saturdays you don't stand much chance.  Anyway, the deed is done, assuming all the checks are clear, and we can all relax, for a few months anyway!

Anyway, bastard dog needs to go out, no matter how I feel, and because he will only go out with me there is no other choice.  Getting a bit fed up of going to the common so decided to go around the houses and on to the park.

Dog whinged and whined whilst I had breakfast and a cuppa and shredded yet more of the stick he brought home yesterday.  The floor is covered in bits of wood and dead slipper, to be cleared up later!

He was pretty well behaved on the lead for once, no pulling and trying to race ahead like a steam train.  Got to the wildlife area of the park, no more than 2 minutes in and bastard had found a whopping pile of fox poo to lather himself in.  I despair, I really do.  Warned a man walking his dog not to try stroking him, not that Milo lets people near anyway.  Oh its easy enough to wash them said the man who's dog obviously never rolls.  When you feel like crap and have to do it on a regular basis its not flippin easy.

Right, carry on, muttering to myself, along the river, or in the river if you are Milo.  Run around like a lunatic in the long grass, which always puts a smile on my face.  I have to admit, its not me running in the grass, after 4 children my bladder is like a seive!  Milo did have a good run with a couple of dogs and I decided to take him further to try and really use up what energy he had left.  He was puffing and panting and again good on the lead.  Came to a bit I could let him off the lead again as it was away from the road so he had freedom again.  So much for the calm dog, all I am going to say is cat.  Might add bastard again for good measure!

Its husbands birthday tomorrow so I have made a cake.  Not quite as big a cake as planned, but a cake nonetheless.  As I was putting the cake tin in the oven I accidentally touched the red hot rack.  The instant reaction is to withdraw your hand quickly, which I did, dropping the cake tin as I did.  Before I could yell "bluddy hell thats hot" bastard had his tongue around the falling mixture, lapping up as much as he could before the 3 second rule could take effect.  I think I might already have said I despair, but I really do....

My lounge floor, which I have cleared and hoovered, is now littered with bits of (madly) torn up paper, formerly flat details and an electoral roll letter left on the side table, and a plastic lidl carrier bag, stolen from the kitchen.  Anyone want a manic, shit rolling, seemingly untrainable dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment