Sunday 11 March 2012

First steps

Well, I forced myself to go to the farm shop today. I say forced myself because it is a place that dad and I went to a lot, usually taking Josh with us. We would have some lunch, wander around the shop and then go outside to feed the pigs and see the chickens. It was a step forward for me, and I nearly backed out, but I need to start somewhere.

I find myself so aimless and lost. I have not only lost my father, but I have lost my friend too. We did so much together, and the saying "you never know what you had until its lost" is so true. I guess maybe I should look at it that I have so many memories in so many places that dad will always be with me. I am trying very hard to be positive, but I am aware that I am lonely and very low.

Life goes on despite the sadness.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your blog- so very sorry to hear your loss. I lost my father to cancer when I was only 27, so I know how it feels.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bryan. I think I am going through the "numbness has worn off" stage and feeling the ouch bit.
    How are you getting on? Hope your life has improved for the better :o)

    ReplyDelete