Thursday 22 September 2011

Maybe I should go back to bed = ha ha

Ok, lets get down to business.  Who decided that today would be "one of those days"?  I certainly didn't, yet so far it is!

For a while Richs' phone has been freezing when he tries to use it and I have had a few half hearted attempts to get it sorted.  This morning I took the proverbial bull by the horns and stuck it out trying to get thru to Virgin Mobile.  Well, twenty minutes and heaven only knows how many options later, I finally got to speak to a person.  Admittedly, he was south african I couldn't understand him very well, but he was certainly real.  I have this thing about people not being understood.  My older two offspring say I am racist - this is not at all the case, but I feel that people who can't speak English and be understood should not be dealing with the public!  I hate the south african accent and find it hard to decipher, especially over a phone line, so the phone call involved a fair amount of guess work on my part!  Anyway, upshot of it all was that I needed Richs' phone with me so he could diagnose the problem.  Of course, Rich has taken it to school so that's that until tonight.

Next it was tea making.  I am working this afternoon and so prepared a lasagne for everyone so I don't have to cook when I get home.  No mushrooms.  Not a big deal, but we eat a lot of mushrooms in our house and it just doesn't seem right without them!  Ok, mince prepared, lasagne sheets softening in the simmering water, lets get on with the sauce.  First "oh bugger" was too much flour, so instead of a paste I had a lot of lumps.  Should have rectified it but carried on, got lots to do this morning.  Add the milk, of which I have now run out!  Bugger, still lumpy.  Look for my whisk.  Now, I need to ask you, have you pinched/hidden my whisk?  I can't make a roux without it.  Ended up using a fork, which took the bottom of the supposedly non stick pan off so now there are black bits in the sauce. That was the second "oh bugger" moment.  I then left the sauce to thicken whilst I sorted out the sheets of lasagne into the dish.  They were hot! "Oh bugger and ouch!"  Drain the water, and half the sheets into the sink.  Big sighs all round.  Ok, sheets into the dish, mince on top, more sheets.  Then I remember the cheese sauce thickening, or burning.

  Some days I am not safe to be let loose.  Anyway, the lasagne is prepared, in the oven on the self timer, and hopefully Becky will get it out and onto the plates safely.  Forgot to tell the children I am working so have texted them so they don't wonder where I am.  As long as there is food left for them they won't miss me lol.

I have walked the dog and done two loads of washing.  Am I crazy?  I also need to pop to Yate to get more milk so I can have a cuppa and sort out Dads lunch and tea before I go to work.  I hope that by this afternoon I will be more capable and the rest of the day runs smoothly.  Of course, I could spill mouthwash over the patients, drop instruments on the floor, take someones tonsils out and fall off the stool.  The list is endless.  Now I have myself worried.  Just thankful the patients can't read this blog. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment