Friday 14 June 2013

Birds,fish and polar bears!

Well, didn't sleep well last night.  In fact I am going through a not sleeping too well period.  Had a dream about Mum and Dad, we had gone to a wine exhibition of all things, and I was looking at a very intricately pattened bottle when they walked off and left me.  This continued, so in the end I sat down and had a meal on my own.  I spotted them by the lifts so hurried over, only for them to turn away and get into the lift from a different side of the room.  This made me really mad and I rushed in before the doors closed and started shouting and swearing at them, demanding to know why they were avoiding me.  They denied they were, but said it was time I was on my own.  I was so sad when I woke up and remembered, and it brought tears to my eyes.  Maybe  they were trying to tell me that I have to let them go and not talk to them all the time and wish they were still here.  I don't know, but I do feel there was a message there.

Park news.  I took Specks there yesterday  and remembered the bread!  I stopped at a sheltered bit where there are a lot of trees to feed the moorhen and saw an enormous carp.  I have never seen a carp in the pond before, though thinking about it now I recall circles and ripples in the pond.  I am not joking about the size, it must have been 2 ft long at least.  It swam under the moorhen and nearly gave it a heart attack.  Poor thing took off onto a low branch squawking away.  That was the first thing to happen.  The next really made my day.  I rounded the corner to the top end of the pond where all the ducks were sat sunning themselves.  Notquite sure why I said sunning because it was blowing a hooligan and raining!  Anyway, the duckies saw me coming and assumed I had food and all came hurtling over the grass demanding breakfast.  It was brilliant, and I know it might sound sad, but this sort of thing gives me loads of pleasure.  Just wish I had taken more food.  I usually take corn but gave my last lot to a little boy and his Dad when I realised I was hogging the duck feeding, and his bread was being ignored.   I also saw another woodpecker!  Not in the park this time, but by the school.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it, just hopping around on the path.  It was ok for a few seconds, but then flew away as Specks came into sight.  Amazing.  I feel I have had a good year so far with spotting birds I haven't seen before.  Saw the kestrel a few weeks ago too, and I haven't seen that since the beginning of the year.  Again, that was the first time I have seen one in this area, although I am sure they must be around somewhere.  We have a few buzzards each year, but not seen the smaller hawks.

I am in the process of knitting a polar bear.  Tried using my fluffy wool to make christmas angel mice but it didn't work so need to adapt the pattern a bit.  Will do some more though.  Got some suitable wool to knit another dachshund, and also some guinea pigs.

Prom dress fitting went fine.  Daughter looks beautiful, I hope she stays so slim throughout her life, unlike her mother!  Shoes still prove to be a problem, but we are getting nearer to a solution.  Have to, the prom is in 3 weeks, and the hem of the dress will need to be altered before then!

Okay, think that is it.  Feeling fuzzy still, despite having a nap.  Need to think up something for tea too.  I am so not  housewife material! 

No comments:

Post a Comment