Sunday 9 February 2014

What a difference a day makes

Well, I am pleased to report that I feel better today, more upbeat.  Went to see my friend yesterday afternoon for a cuppa and we did what girlies do when they are together, gossip and moan lol.  Got things off my chest, got girlie advice, tea and biscuits - bliss.  It also made me realise how much I miss her.  Normally she works 3 days, but someone in her office is off having treatment for cancer and my mate has been filling in, which means there aren't many opportunities to catch up.  Hopefully her friend will be back at work in September and things will return to normal.  Having said that, she works in a school, so the end of July is when we can resume our natters :o)

Braved the weather today, not quite managing to make it between the raindrops, but luckily missing the heavy downpour.  So fed up of it and feel really sorry for the people who are flooded.  Can't really imagine what it must feel like to have to leave your home in 4 or 5 ft of water.  Surreal.

Other news, my lovely youngest son has decided to have his long locks shaved to raise money for a 3yr old in Nepal who needs treatment for leukemia.  Its a long, convoluted story, but a lady who attends our dental surgery set up a clinic in Nepal to allow children in the area suffering from Thalassaemia to have free treatment.  She has now met Torresh who needs treatment and has been persuaded by her friends that money can be raised to help achieve this.  I am very proud of my son, and his friends who have promised sponsorship of around £220 in 2 days.  The school have put a few obstacles in his way, but we are sorting them, and the grand shave will take place during half term.  Eeek!

I am knitting hats for the thalassaemic children and of course will be sponsoring Rich as well.  Its easy to tug at my heart strings, I am such an emotional person. 

Right, am off to my nice warm lounge to do a bit more knitting and reading, with a trusty cup of tea by myside.

No comments:

Post a Comment