Friday 24 May 2013

Friday.

Friday already.  Thought I would have a change of font and colour.  Oooh, the excitement!
Right well, as I thought, didn't have time to blog on Wednesday.  Worked in the morning, then took the dog for a short walk and, surprise surprise, had a nap.  Needed to have a bit of energy for parents evening.  Its a case of walking all around the school seeing the teachers.  Son appears to be doing well, which is good because we just tend to leave our children to it unless they ask for help.  I am however going to try and get him reading.  As an avid reader I find it difficult to understand why people don't read more.  I guess for children the lure of xb ox and internet dampens their enthusiasm.  Anyway, after the chat with the English teacher I decided this is one area I really need to push.  A trip to the library is planned.

Early hours of Thursday morning, 2.30am to be precise, saw me dosing said son up with pain killers and preparing hot water bottles.  He has an infected toe which decided to rear its ugly head in the middle of the night.  Bless him, he left it for an hour of pain before calling me and saying he couldn't stand it any longer.   A trip to the gp yesterday resulting in a course of antibiotics, time off school as its too painful to even get a sock on, and frequent soaking in salty water.  This put paid to dog walking and library trip!  It looks very angry, and hopefully will prevent him from picking the skin around his nails which the gp thinks is the cause.

So now we come to Friday.  I guess I can go out and leave him whilst I dog walk, but the weather is cold and windy and I am feeling lazy.  I will take Specks out for a short walk though because its not fair on him if I don't make the effort.  I finally set up a page for my knitting on Facebook.  I would love to be able to earn enough money from it to say "Wow, I am incredibly talented and successful", but I am too soft to charge what it needs.  I have had a few orders to keep me going, but by the time I have bought wool, stuffing, patterns and put some money aside for charity I am left with about 25p an hour.  See what I mean about not charging enough?  I do search for free patterns and am using old pillows for stuffing atm which helps, but nice wool to knit with is a must, and costs more.  Anyway, Jills Knits on FB.  Pop by and place an order.  Don't forget to offer me double what I am charging ;0).  Ha ha, don't know why I added that as no one reads this and its a form of talking to myself.  Makes a change from muttering to myself as I go round the shops!  

Healthwise, I am not feeling too bad atm.  Having to stay in and not walk or shop does wonders for me.  How sad is that.  I sometimes wish I had an invalid scooter so I could take Specks for nice long walks like I used to.  I miss my freedom.  Everything you do has to be weighed up and assessed when you have ME.  Spontaneity is definitely a thing of the past.  

Ok, I have forgotted what font I was using.  Did a spellcheck and interestingly it threw up "internet" as incorrect.  Then it reverted to my usual settings and confused me.  Quite like this one though.  Anyway, I am going to go out with the dog.  I used to be able to blog for pages, but now my mind is empty!  ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment