Monday 22 August 2011

Day 11 and still no further forward

This morning I felt good.  We have finally got the walls painted in the lounge and I love the colour, that made me happy.  Woke up in a good mood, and actually managed to get going with odd jobs.  Remembered at the last minute I had promised Caroline I would take Noodles out, so packed Specks into the car and went to pick up the demon dog. 

I drove them both to the end of the common by the railway station, not gone in that way before.  We had a lovely walk, the sun was out, sky was blue, a buzzard was circling - maybe to grab ratdog? lol.  That dog has so much energy its unbelievable.  We were out for an hour, and he was still pestering Specks to play when I dropped him back home.  My poor dog was on his last legs, black and brown not being good colours for blazing sun!  I was feeling really relaxed for a change, but sadly it didn't last as long as I would have liked.

Visiting time again.  I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking space, and in the end just parked on the side of the road.  My poor car was near to overheating and I just didn't want to keep going.  Got to the ward at nearly 3 o'clock, frazzled and pi**ed off.  Dad is very tired.  He says he feels like he is just being dragged down and down.  Still no flaming scan results and guess what?  Still no fluid drained.  The  consultant told him he needs a liver biopsy done and they may drain the fluid tomorrow.  They better had because its not only Dad who is fed up of all this dilly dallying.  It is not fair on him.  They weigh him every day and can see he is not losing any weight despite being pumped full of diuretics.  Feeling uptight now, grrrrr.

My Will Young CD arrived in the post today, a signed copy no less.  Hmm, he has changed style too.  Think it will need a bit of getting used to - good excuse to play it non stop lol.

And its back to work tomorrow.  Feel like I have been home forever!  Still its a good start, James in the surgery, and if he has kept his word, shortbread to munch on from his holiday in Scotland.  Yayyyy.  Only downside is that I am working Wednesday afternoon too, I really struggle doing afternoons.  Ah well, if I fall asleep no doubt somone will wake me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment