Saturday 20 August 2011

saturday ...

I had an afternoon off from visiting Dad yesterday and went in the evening instead.  Had a lovely day, a normal day!  Took Rich to the barber, successful hair cut for a change, pottered around, took the children to Oldbury Court along with the dog and skateboard.  I will interject here that obviously the dog cannot use a skateboard, but Rich can!  Came home, watched Scott Pilgrim vs the world.  Weird film, but amusing.  Made tea and then off to the hospital.

The preliminary results show that there is scarring and a small blockage in Dads liver.  Thats it so far!  The more time is going on, the more I am beginning to think there is nothing drastic wrong with him.  Yes, he has ascites, the fluid in his abdomen, which is obviously very uncomfortable, but the cause is eluding the medical team.  I trawl the internet each time I get a new bit of non information from them and make my own assessment.  Maybe its something to do with his pancreas and diabetes.  He is having more tests next week and maybe home Wednesday.  I have to say that last night he was the most relaxed I have seen him.  He had a hypo after his CT scan in the morning, and was "out of it".  He said he could hear people speaking to him but in no way could he respond.  It is the worst one he has had, but then as he said, when he is at home he always has a glucose gel on him to take, at hospital they take all your medication from you!

Matthew is going to visit this afternoon with Rich, so I am having another "free" day.  Yayyy, Tesco here I come!  As usual I have an ironing mountain which needs wading through, and housework to avoid.  My duckies are neglected, only one visit last week, so that will be on the list too.  The M.E weariness has well and truly kicked in and is reaching the stage where I can't really work through it, so maybe a lie down this afternoon will be on the cards as well. 

I guess that is about it.  Nothing going on much really and if there is I can't remember it!  Sarah, Rob and Emma all went home on Thursday and the house is now very peaceful.  I love my family, but have found this week a bit hard.  I need to be alone at times and there was just nowhere to hide lol.  Rob and Emma bought be a beautiful bunch of flowers to cheer me up, bless em.  A lovely surprise and very much appreciated.  I love getting flowers, especially if someone other than me has bought them!

Anyway, onward and upwards - maybe back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment