Sunday 5 June 2011

Melting moments

I want to give up work.  I have told hubby not to panic, because hopefully next week I will feel better and all will be well with Jills' world.  At this moment in time though, life is just too much effort.  There is no doubt that the peripherals are spoiling the enjoyment of work for a lot of nurses at the moment.  The "extras" brought in under new rules and guidelines mean we have more to do in the same amount of time and its not easy to keep up.  The extra reading and out of hours courses can also be a pain in the bum, not everyone has the enthusiasm to bring their job home with them and fork out money to enable them to do the job they have been doing for years.  At the moment all I want to do is sleep.  I can't keep up with running the house, walking the dog etc, let alone face the pile of dental magazines waiting to be read and tests to be done.  So, not only do I want to give up work, I want to just give up everything, just for a week or so, and spend my days in bed.  But I can't, boo hoo.

Rich has finally appeared home.  He was out all day yesterday and then went to a friends for a sleepover.  He rolled in around half 11 asking if he could go to Mac Donalds for lunch, and could he have (yet more) money, and off he trotted again.  He is now on the xbox, after giving me a big cuddle and saying he missed me and was homesick cos he hasn't been in for such a long time.  Bless him.  He has been given a certain amount of freedom and has embraced it wholeheartedly, but it has cost us - swimming, MacDonalds, Greggs, Lidl!  Time for some jobs methinks.  Maybe I will send him and Bex out with the dog if it stops raining.

I had ratdog yesterday.  Caroline called round to show me her arm - she had fallen downstairs and it was very bruised and swollen.  After a bit of prevarication, I finally got her to go to casualty.  She reappeared about 2hours later, arm plastered up with an appointment for the fracture clinic in the week.  She admitted she would never have gone to hospital if it hadn't have been for me forcing her, so thanked me profusely.  Ha ha, have now been given the role of hairwasher as she can't get the plaster wet.  That should be fun, lets hope I don't drown her.  Ratdog did not behave himself.  I forgot I had left the back door open, and found him terrorising my piggies, little bugger.  He is small enough to almost fit under the hutch, and it took a lot to pull him out.  One piggy was seen on the lawn later in the afternoon, but I think Dougie is truly traumatised, he has not let the safety of the hutch since I dragged ratdog away.  He is still hiding today, and I am a bit worried about him.  Its my fault for not checking the door :o(

Watched BGT last night, oooh Jai McDowells voice just makes me melt.  I think the judges comments were disgraceful, openly saying how shocked they were that Ronan didn't win and that they wanted him to.  You go Jai, fantastic voice and I would go and see you.  Shivers and melts do it for me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment