Thursday 9 June 2011

soothing my soul

Well, I have still struggled this week.  At least I have been feeling more tired than ill, so I am hoping that this flare is on its way out, however slowly.  I did have an overwhelming urge on Monday to just put my head on patient number 5's chest and give in and go to sleep, thank heavens for some willpower!  The same happened on Tuesday a bit later on in the morning.  I mentioned it to the dentist and asked him what he would have done had I given in, and his reply was that he would have leapt off his stool, grabbed the emergency kit and pretended I needed CPR.  Good thinking, I may well bear it in mind :o)

Tuesday evening saw Becky and myself at ~The Freespirit Awareness Centre~ in Bradley Stoke for an evening of mediumship.  I really wanted to go because the medium, Sharon May, frequents the same spiritual site as me, and I wanted to meet her, and what a lovely lady she is.  Her delivery was lovely, very gentle but with humour, and she was accurate.  You can't ask for more than that.  Also, she had a really nice shirt on which I want!

Wednesday was toyboy day.  We took Grandad, as Josh knows him, to the Farm Shop and had tea and cake and then fed the pigs.  They are big.  For some reason I found it a bit surreal to be hand feeding a big, snorty, slobbery pig.  Weird.  Also checked out the chickens and made another discovery.  Boy do they smell bad.  It has put me right off having some, although my friend David said that you need to clean them out often and they don't pong.  Got to think about this a bit more methinks.  He is an expert and I trust his judgement implicitly. ('sok, he's going to pay me later for the praise!)   I did try and sneak a snooze in the afternoon but Josh was having none of it, despite telling me earlier he was tired with the result that I pushed him in the buggy when we took Specks out for his walk! 
I had to attend a child protection course in the evening for work, another compulsory requirement.  Hmm, a big eye opener and quite upsetting in places.  I will say no more about it but it makes me very sad to think how depraved some people are.

And so we come to today, the best bit being this morning.  I finally managed to get to the park to see "my girls".  I was well stocked up with bread and sat at the edge of the pond feeding the mother swan and her cygnet, and my duckies, although there are only four of them and there should be five.  I have been told there is a large fox in the park, and I really hope that she hasn't fallen prey to him, but I couldn't see her anywhere.  One of the duckies quacked constantly, and we had quite a chat.  I like to think they recogonise me and don't want anyone to say anything other than yes they do.  Walking on around and past the creek I saw another duck with 6 newborn ducklings.  They do make me laugh the way they just skim across the water, frictionless by the looks of things.  I get great pleasure from the ducks, my dear daughter did venture to say I was sad when I told her they recognise me, but hey, each to their own.  I may well have the last laugh because she may end up taking after me in years to come.   The rest of the day so far has been taken up with shopping, and the all important snooze, something I can't do without at the moment.  As both the children have gone out, for a change!, I may well just have another forty winks.

Goodnight all x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment. I hope my blog doesn't come off being whiney, but rather as an example that one can still live a life with this. What is M.E/CFS?

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryan. Its chronic fatigue syndrome or Myalgic encephalomyelitis. Usually strikes you down after a virus, the symptoms are wide and varied, fatigue, painful muscles and joints, sore throats, inability to control your body temperature to name but a few. Hope you are coping ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the inside smile therapy that you get from the ducks is also connected to were they are, your walk and the fact that they are just yours somehow.
    I feel that while you would doubtlessly love whatever creature you had it would become a bit of a burdensome chore...stick with the daft dog and your nature rambles.
    All that said I was at my sister's yesterday and she has two hens and it made me think about whether I should get some animal friends (as I have no human ones!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get hens again will you send me some eggs? xx
    p.s I thought I was your friend, or are you saying I'm not human................

    ReplyDelete